My larger river sections are going to see action in the Krefeld Salient game. They've given years of good service in larger scales but I believe this may be the first time I've used them in 6mm.
We need some at least another river crossing for the game so I decided to see if I could do something usable with an Irregular Miniatures railway bridge I've had for a while. The result (so far is this...
The base is an off cut of the same hardboard I've used for my other river sections. River bank is built up from tile grout and the railway embankments are expanded polystyrene.
The bridge and rail sections are white metal castings from Irregular. The rail sections I'm going to glue to thin plastic card to get them to line up correctly. Having go this far I'm now at the "I wouldn't start from here" point. I think if I ever did anything like this again I'd build the ramps from plastic card frameworks - the expanded polystyrene is just too hard to get level (at least without a hot wire cutter.
More pics later.